Date:      Mon, 06 Nov 1995 00:37:23 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        julian@TFS.COM, markd@grizzly.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, julian@ref.tfs.com
Subject:   Re: NPX still broken in 2.1.0-951104-SNAP...

> >da-man speaks the truth bruce..
> >just because there is a BETTER solution doesn't mean we should
> >have extra problems in 2.1 for no reason....
>
> What extra problems?  We'll have exactly the same problems as
> in all previous versions of 386BSD and FreeBSD.
>
> Bruce

I think that's kind of the point Mark's making.. :-)

FWIW, I think the argument for "greater compatibility" should win out
over all others anyway.  If SCO, Linux, Unixware, Solaris and
god-knows-what else all do it this way, then we're just being
pig-headed not to follow precedent and in any comparison people might
make, it won't be FreeBSD that's lauded for taking the idealist's
stand that thrust it in a different direction.

					Jordan