Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 1995 07:28:18 -0700 (MST)
From:      David Poole <davep@extendsys.com>
To:        70312.2134@compuserve.com (Tom Stevelt)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HP4si with Jet Direct Network Card

> Anyone out there printing with FreeBSD to an HP4si laser printer with
> Jet Direct Network
> Card?  We have several Windows and SCO Unix machines which can print to it.
>  The
> UNIX ones use TCP/IP and something called 'hpnpf'.  What can I use with
> FreeBSD.
> Thanks for your help ---

  You should be able to use ftp/lp with the JetDirect card.  If not, hpnpf
is an HP utility that sends data directly to a TCP port, usually 9100.
Should be simple to create, but I think hpnpf has source floating around
somewhere.

David Poole                       Networking under Dos is like
davep@extendsys.com               adding a fifth leg to a cow.
Extended Systems, Inc.                      -me