Date:        Fri, 29 Oct 1999 09:29:11 -0600
From:      "Shannon Wheeler" <swheeler@altech.ab.ca>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: TEAC 524E cd-rom. WAS: no subject

Is the CD an IDE device? If so, don't tell the system about it at all ;-)
Those choosable CD brands are for old proprietary CD-ROM drives (that
usually plugged into sound cards and I don't think any of them were more
than double speed so if you have double speed or better then it's probably
IDE (or SCSI)). Unfortunately some of those did use a 40pin cable (same as
IDE) so there has been a few mistakes made there :-(       (not by me of
course - I've had to fix other people's mistakes though).

Shannon