Date:      Sun, 19 Jan 1997 05:24:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      Snob Art Genre <ben@narcissus.ml.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   strange sudo behavior

Hi there,
	for a while I used sudo 1.4 on 2.1.5 without problems; however, at
some point it began behaving strangely.  When I run it, I get the little
admonition it gives (I *hate* that) and then a password prompt and then
the shell prompt again.  That is, it never reads a password from me;  it
terminates immediately.  No message is sent to root nor do any messages
appear on the console.  I have tried reinstalling both from ports and
from packages, to no avail.  Any guesses?

 Ben

The views expressed above are not those of the Worker's Compensation
Board of Queensland, Australia.