Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 2002 17:15:31 -0800
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <crist.clark@attbi.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   NEWCARD Docs

Are there some docs somewhere on how to get NEWCARD working? A CardBus
NIC, an xl(4), much to my surprise Just Works(tm). (Well, now it does,
the machine was panicing before. I'm not sure what I changed to make
it stop.) However, my trusty old ep(4), a well worn Etherlink III
3C589D-COMBO which has served me well on -STABLE for years, doesn't
seem to work at all. I'm not sure where to start and can't find any
manpages on the new stuff. Am I on my own trying to figure out what is
going on in src/sys/dev/pccard?

PS: This is on an IBM ThinkPad 600E I recently aquired. The battery
charge light has been flashing for two days now whenever the machine
is plugged into the A/C. It gives absolutely no response when it's not
plugged in. Is this it's way of telling me the battery in it is
totally dead? Unrechargeable? Or is it probably some other problem? I
have neither another battery or ThinkPad to test with.

Thanks.