Date:      Thu, 05 Apr 2001 03:03:32
From:      "Aaron Hill" <hillaa@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cyrus IMAP with qmail

Hello,

I've recently got qmail working on my 4.2R system and now want to install an
IMAP server.

Cyrus IMAP seems to be highly regarded for it's secure properties, which
appeals to me so I've set that up from the ports. Problem is all the Cyrus
docs talk about Sendmail and occasionally postfix.

Can someone help me out with any pointers to things I might need to look out
for. I don't like installing things blindly and hoping they work. I've seen
newsgroup posts that show people are using Cyrus IMAP and qmail together but
it doesn't offer any help on how it's done.

My I don't have to do anything from the defaults? Looks suspicious.

BTW - qmail is using the Maildir mail delivery method - if that makes sense.

Thanks
Aaron Hill