Date:      Thu, 07 Jun 2007 12:56:39 +0000
From:      "dhaneshk k" <dhaneshkk@hotmail.com>
To:        youshi10@u.washington.edu, freebsd@meijome.net
Cc:        anton.galitch@gmail.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem compiling xorg 7.2

Hi

this is Dhanesh

I have done a portupgrade of xorg in my freebsd6.1 box

this box was working fine with gnome2.18 for the last 3 months ,but now for
building OpenOffice in this box ,its needed to do a portupgrade of xorg , so
I followed as per /usr/ports/UPDATING ,

but doing this a power   failure occurs and system restarted before its
completion while doing  portupgrade -a -x 'gstreamer*',

but after restart  I cant get the desktop its showing
gdm_server_spawn:xserver not found
just now it happened , how can I retrive my Desktop environment ?

Please help me with any solution to retrieve the desktop environment..

Thanks in advance
dhanesh

Spice up your IM conversations. New, colorful and animated emoticons. Get
chatting! http://server1.msn.co.in/SP05/emoticons/