Date:      Thu, 9 Apr 1998 09:13:43 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de (Andre Albsmeier)
Cc:        andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to make a non-dangerously dedicated disk?

In a previous message, Andre Albsmeier said:

> If the disks were the same, the easiest thing to do would be
>
> dd if=/dev/rsd0 of=/dev/rsd1

Yeah, I did that too, for my first set of machines (I think I used
dump/restore), but that involved pulling the disk and putting it in
the other machine.

> > I did run into one other problem. After rdumping my FS's to a solaris tape host,
> > I wanted to dump the dump files to disk so I could burn them on my CD-Rom burner
> > (in Win NT, grrr). But Solaris dd couldn't read the file off the tape? Anybody
> > got ideas why? And I still want to get my Philips CDR400t going on FreeBSD.
>
> cdrecord doesn't work for it?

Nope, it won't recognize the drive. I'm wondering if cdrecord is dependant on
the scsi card? The one here at work is an amd driver.

At home, I've yet to get my old Philips CDD2000 to work with either worm or
cdrecord. I've got that on a 2940.

--
An aad may have made this posting invalid