Date:      Fri, 5 Jun 1998 20:46:02 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Subject:   Re: fxtv - mmap of driver buffer failed

richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk:
 |Having not looked at this for a long time, I just installed the 3.0
 |SNAP 980520 and the fxtv 0.46 package that comes with it.  Unless I
 |run it as root, I get the message "mmap of driver buffer failed:
 |Permission denied".  What have I missed here?

Doug White:
 |I think this is FXTV falling behind reality.  It open /dev/bktr0 read-only
 |but requests read-write protections on the mmap()'d buffer. However this

Hmm.  I'm a little puzzled by this.  This was resolved back when we were
cutting the 2.2.6 release (circa March 22), thus the reason for patch-ab in
the fxtv 0.46 port:

     ftp://ftp.freebsd.org\
        /pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/ports/graphics/fxtv/patches/patch-ab

which should be what the fxtv 0.46 pkg on the 980520 SNAP was built with.

I guess there must be something I don't know about how packages are built
for SNAPs.  This patch should be built-in.

Randall