Date:      Sun, 7 Feb 1999 20:23:10 +0000
From:      Mark Blackman <tmb@rcru.rl.ac.uk>
To:        "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@visi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New Boot blocks and the NT Boot loader?

FWIW, the only way I ever managed (around Oct. 98) to boot FreeBSD from the
second disk (wd2) was to install "booteasy" on the second disk ( and the first
disk as well although that may not have been strictly necessary).

/stand/sysinstall should give you the capability to install booteasy
by going through the custom install procedure and use the partition
disk option on wd2. Don't actually touch the partition info (should already
be valid) and then install booteasy when given the option.

best I can do for you off the cuff.

On Fri, Feb 05, 1999 at 11:19:54PM -0600, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> Does anybody know how to configure the NT Boot loader to boot FreeBSD
> 3.0-STABLE which is using the new boot blocks?  I have tried (many times)
> using the boot sector of the secondary master (where FreeBSD resides) to no
> avail.  I have tried:
>
>         dd if=/dev/rwd2s3 of=boot.bsd bs=512 count=1
>
> When the loader loads this it says: Boot Error.
>
> I never had any problem with Linux, so I must be missing something here.
>
> Tom Veldhouse
> veldy@visi.com

Mark Blackman