Date:      Sun, 20 Jun 2004 13:52:23 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marco Beishuizen <marco@beishuizen.info>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installing gFTP with gtk12 instead of gtk20

On stardate Sun, 20 Jun 2004, the wise Kent Stewart entered:

> On Sunday 20 June 2004 03:54 am, Marco Beishuizen wrote:
>> I'm trying to install gFTP from the ports. When I do a make install,
>> it constantly wants to install gtk20 instead of gtk12. Gtk20 isn't
>> installed on my machine due to errors during the build, but gtk12 is
>> installed.
>>
>> According to the gFTP website it shouldn't be a problem to install
>> gFTP with gtk12, so how do I force the gFTP-port to install it with
>> gtk12 instead of gtk20?
>>
>> PS I'm running FreeBSD-i386 4.10-STABLE.
>>

> Look at the Makefile. It defaults to gtk12 unless you have gtk2 defined
> some place such as /etc/make.conf. Kill the define and it should use
> 1.2.

The solution was not the makefile but in the file
/var/db/ports/gftp/options. I deleted it and after that it installed
correctly.

Thanks,
Marco

--
Real computer scientists only write specs for languages that might run
on future hardware.  Nobody trusts them to write specs for anything homo