Date:      Fri, 1 Aug 2008 07:40:25 -0600
From:      Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rc.suspend/rc.resume was: resume (hate to even ask)

--ftEhullJWpWg/VHq

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 11:32:12AM -0700, Steve Franks wrote:
> I just realized no one probably replied to my email due to the gross
> ambiguity of the english language.  No, I am not looking for a job.
> See below ;)

I have to admit I thought you were talking about your curriculum vitae
and so on when I first saw the original subject, and not about ACPI
problems.  Thanks for clarifying.

>=20
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Steve Franks <stevefranks@ieee.org> wrot=
e:
> > Ok,
> >
> > I have too many systems with varying degrees of working freebsd on
> > them, and I can't seem to leave well enough alone.  I hear lots of
> > people having sucess with suspend, and I can't get it to work on a
> > single system.
> >
> > My current strongest desire is to get it running on my hp ze4500
> > laptop.  I've played with the stuff in the handbook, but that just
> > took me from having a blank screen and no responses from Ctl-Alt-F(x)
> > to now the fan comes on for a moment on resume, then the system powers
> > off....doesn't seem to matter if X is up or not.
> >
> > I've kldunloaded usb, radeon, sound, drm, what else should I try?
> > Also, rc.resume has a typo, right?  I'm susposed to change the
> > #kldunload usb section to add kldload usb (and friends) right?

I hope someone offers some more insight -- I've been having some issues
with suspend/resume as well.  Unfortunately, I don't really have any help
to offer.  I guess I'm just commiserating.

--=20
Chad Perrin [ content licensed PDL: http://pdl.apotheon.org ]
They always say that when life gives you lemons you should make lemonade.=
=20
I always wonder -- isn't the lemonade going to suck if life doesn't give
you any sugar?

--ftEhullJWpWg/VHq

--ftEhullJWpWg/VHq--