Date:      Tue, 9 May 1995 13:19:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      brian@MediaCity.Com (Brian Litzinger)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   A question of downloading device drivers

I'm about to implement downloading the microcode for the talisman
MPEG decoder rather than relying on it being in an EPROM on the card.

I'm looking for any guidance, examples, etc, on a right way to do
this.

I could

    include the microcode as a giant static array in the device driver 8-(

    download the microcode via a write to a special device

    download the microcode via an set of ioctls.

    do a mixture of the above.

    Use something I haven't thought of, but you have.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Brian Litzinger
brian@easynet.com