Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 1996 10:00:45 -0400
From:      hopkik@rpi.edu
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Mounting my dos partition

I bought the Walnut Creek FreeBSD 2.1.5 CD and installed the O.S. in
a 300 MB disk partition split upautomatically by the softtware install program/
I didn't have any problems installing it, although I have an unsupported
CD-Rom drive so I had to copy the files to my hard drive and then install
from there.  My problem is installing the packages.  I have tried copying
the packages directory to my dos partition and installing from there, but
the installation menu can't seem to find the Index file even though it is there.
My dos subdirectory is empty so I suspect that the problem is that my dos partition
is not mounted, but I haven't had any luck with the command:
mount msdos /dev/wd0s1 /dos
or
mount msdos /dev/wd0s1 /msdos
or