Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2007 12:21:41 -0500
From:      Chris Shenton <chris@shenton.org>
To:        Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Dell T105? ($350 dual-core Opteron)

Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org> writes:

> The CPU will certainly work. I can't dig out any decent data on the
> motherboard, but it it's NVIDIA MCP55, then it will also work (just had
> a Barcelona-class Opteron with MCP55 the other day and it's fine).

The spec sheet says the following, does this help?

  http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/products/pedge/en/pe_T105_spec_sheet.pdf

  Processors              Single AMD Opteron TM  1000 series at up to 2.8GHz;
                          Single AMD SempronTM LE1250 at 2.2GHz

  HyperTransportTM        HyperTransport at 2000MT/s

  Cache                   Up to 2MB AMD Opteron TM
                          512K AMD Sempron TM

  Chipset                 nVidia CK8-04 Pro

  Memory                  512MB-8GB DDR1 677/800

  I/O slots               Two PCI Express TM  x8;
                          One PCI Express x1;
                          One PCI 32 bit/33MHz, 5v

  Drive Controller        Embedded SATA; optional SAS

  RAID Controller         Optional SAS 6i/R for SAS or SATA RAID

  Drive Bays              2 x 3.5 cabled SATA or SAS
                          2 x 5.25 optional DVD-ROM, CD-RW/DVD combo or optional
                          internal TBU

  Network Interfaces       Single embedded Gigabit3 NIC