Date:      Mon, 05 Apr 1999 22:40:23 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        "Wayne, Ken" <WAYNEK@SCHNEIDER.COM>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPP Dialup

"Wayne, Ken" wrote:

> Excuse me if I am not doing this correctly, it's my first time sending to
> this list.

You're fine.  Questions about how to setup and use FreeBSD will probably
get more response from the freebsd-questions mailing list, even if they
are about networking.  That's the general "how do I?" mailing list.

> I am trying to setup my FreeBSD box to answer incoming calls and establish a
> PPP connection.  I've followed the manual to the best of my knowledge but at
> this point can't even get the modem to pick up the phone line.  I've done
> this many times with '95 and NT and (although by default I don't have it
> setup to do this)I can dial out from my BSD box with the same modem if I want
> , so I don't think it has anything to do with my phone lines or hardware.
>
> Any suggestions, or pointers to any "how to's" would be greatly appreciated.

Have you read http://www.daemonnews.org/199901/freeras.html yet?  It's
not exactly a tutorial, but might give you some good ideas as to where
to look for more help.  I might be somewhat biased about how helpful it
is, though.  ;^)