Date:      Wed, 15 Feb 1995 02:25:27 +0059 (MET)
From:      Andreas Schulz <ats@g386bsd.first.gmd.de>
To:        vlado@ulcc.uni-plovdiv.bg (...)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HELP

> 	I have NetBSD 0.9, and  I want when CD of my DIAL-IN modem lowers system to kill all process which user has started. Please tell me how to do that.

We are the mailing list for FreeBSD, not NetBSD :-).
If i understand your question correctly, you are asking how to kill all
processes on the logout of a user ?
There is no clean way, a user can always intentionally decide to run
a process and then logging out.
IF you really want to kill all of, you need to write your own script,
that checks periodically if there are leftover processes that have no
longer a login tty. "ps" and "grep" and a little bit shell programming
are a good start for that.

	  ATS ( ats@first.gmd.de or ats@cs.tu-berlin.de )

Andreas Schulz  GMD-FIRST     12489  Berlin-Adlershof  Rudower Chaussee 5
Gebaeude 13.7   Tel: +49-30-6392-1856/+49-177-2134745    Germany/Europe