Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 2008 02:07:09 +0200
From:      Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@xs4all.nl>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD 7.0 not reading rc.conf at startup

Hi,

Since I upgraded to 7.0, it seams that my /etc/rc.conf isn't read
anymore at startup. At least partly. Things that do not start anymore
are:
- oss
- dbus
- hald
- avahi

They are all gnome related. I have in my rc.conf: oss_enable="YES",
hald_enable="YES", avahi_daemon_enable="YES and dbus_enable="YES". The
gnome FAQ mentiones to put gnome_enable="YES" in the rc.conf but that
doesn't work at all.

Does anyone know how to make FreeBSD start these things automatically?

Thanks in advance.

Marco

--
Error in operator: add beer