Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2001 21:48:59 -0800
From:      paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
To:        obrien@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: minicom-1.83.1_2

Greetings,

I was trying to build minicom 1.83 and when I discovered it was forbidden, I
tried 2.0.0 from the author's repository. It uses autoconf (very nice) and
but for one small gotcha (I have notified the author of an instance of
getopt_long that broke the make: truncating it to getopt worked just fine) it
seems to be fine.

here's what it's running on:

FreeBSD dhcp-82-1 4.4-STABLE FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE #3: Thu Dec  6 18:45:47 PST
2001     root@dhcp-82-1:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GATEWAY  i386

Don't know if anyone is clamoring for this but thought I'd pass along what
information I could.
--
Paul Beard
8040 27th Ave NE

He keeps differentiating, flying off on a tangent.