Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:53:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      FreeBSD Question <question@blink.dhs.org>
To:        Kenny Drobnack <kdrobnac@mission.mvnc.edu>
Cc:        Mohit Aron <aron@cs.rice.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problem with sound card in FreeBSD-3.2

If you can find my earlier post about Ensoniq Audio PCI, you can find the
same answer.  Your second computer has "PNP OS" flag enabled or ON in the
BIOS.
In this case, the computer will disable the support and you are supposed
to turn it on from /boot/kernel.conf by having a line like
pnp 1 0 os enable port0 blah irq0 blah drq0 blah blah (look at the snd
readme)
If you don't want this, disable PNP OS from the bios.

Byung