Date:      Tue, 1 Feb 2005 15:54:16 -0600
From:      Eric F Crist <ecrist@secure-computing.net>
To:        "Dixit, Viraj" <Viraj.Dixit@CityofPaloAlto.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Host Name Lookup Error

--Apple-Mail-1-138637943

On Feb 1, 2005, at 3:45 PM, Dixit, Viraj wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Just installed FreeBSD 5.3, all seems to be working except the error
> from sendmail. I can ping the mail server in the domain that I am
> trying to send the mail. But the mail gets send to my "
> /var/spool/mqueue" directory. The error is "host name lookup failure".
> I want to put this system on line as production system soon. On last
> thing "syslogd" does not put out any logs under "var/logs". Any ideas,
> I have been looking in FreeBSD archives.
>
> VJ
> Viraj Dixit
> 650-329-2118

IIRC, sendmail requires that the system `hostname' be a FQDN.  Also,
logs are kept under /var/log and not, /var/logs.

HTH
Eric F Crist                  "I am so smart, S.M.R.T!"
Secure Computing Networks              -Homer J Simpson

--Apple-Mail-1-138637943
	name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-1-138637943--