Date:      Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:50:41 -0500
From:      Gerry Freymann <lists@interpool.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XF86Config problem

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 06:13:36 -0500 (EST)
"kalin mintchev" <kalin@el.net> wrote:

>problem with XF86Config. i did the configuration a few times. and tried
>different versions of the file...
>i get:
>(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have usable configuration.
>fatal error: no screens found...

 Has anybody responded to your question yet?

 Have you specified the correct horizontal and veritical refresh rates in
your XF86Config file?

 I've had Xfree running quite nicely with a no-name video card with 4 megs
of ram, so you should be able to. Maybe you need to find out more about
your on-board video card... try googling your motherboard for more info.

 In the meantime, have you tried specifying specific info in your
XF86Config file? like:

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Card0"