Date:      Fri, 25 Jun 1999 09:51:36 -0600
From:      Oscar Bonilla <obonilla@fisicc-ufm.edu>
To:        Lloyd Casafranca <lloyd@stream.net.ph>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HELP

questions@freebsd.org and freebsd-questions@freebsd.org are the same
list, please do not copy both.

read on...

On Fri, Jun 25, 1999 at 03:47:22PM +0800, Lloyd Casafranca wrote:
> Whew, do i like this OS, after being frustrated over unsucessful
> installations of
> linux,  this OS worked the first time i tried it, talk about being easy.
>
> My company uses NT as an internet platform for an ISP, now i have fought
> RELENTLESSLY
> against this OS, however Management doesn't like the concept os an OS
> without support.

But there IS support for FreeBSD! Tell them to buy a support contract
at www.freebsdmall.com

> Now I have 2 weeks to prove to them that UNIX is the way to go in terms of
> reliablility
> and stability and why it is better than NT

search the mailing lists for "freebsd vs. NT", that should give you a start.
also check advocacy.freebsd.org

> anyway,  HELP!
>
> whom can i address questions like...
>
> how do i access my CDROM

mount /cdrom

> how do i make FreeBSD as a gateway for an internet Cafe

modify rc.conf and set gateway="YES"

> and can it generate IP address for the Cafe's workstations,

use dhcp (comes with the base system)

Regards,

-Oscar

--