Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 08:46:08 -0500
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mobil.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XML interface to CVS

On 27 Mar 2002 at 14:43, Roman Neuhauser wrote:

> > From: "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
> > To: Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mobil.cz>
> > Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 08:04:36 -0500
> > Subject: Re: XML interface to CVS
> > Cc: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

> > >     Is there *any* way I could see the source?
> >
> > I've done that before.  Set up accounts, given them cvs access, set up
> > virtual website for them to work in.  And not much happened.  Lots of
> > people keen to help, but nothing produced.  So my approach now is show me
> > what you can do, and I'll give you want you need to get started.
>
>     Ok, lemme put it another way.
>     1) Let's say I'd like to use the FS software on my site. Where can I
>     get a released source?
>
>     2) Let's say I'd like to see what the current state of the FS
>     software is. Where can I get the latest and greatest source?

You can't.  There is no FS source yet.  It's an empty website (apart from
the front page). But with FP, you can't get the source code either.  it's
not something you can download and use. It's not a phpNuke type of project
where the project produces a set of software for others to use.  The
output of the project is the website itself.

> > Oh, and there's some old source at http://develop.freshports.org/
>
>     roman@roman ~ > w3m develop.freshports.org                      178:0
>     w3m: Can't load develop.freshports.org.
>     roman@roman ~ >                                                 179:2

Sorry.  My DNS is out of date with respect to recent network changes.
Please try it again.
--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary - http://freebsddiary.org/ - practical examples