Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:28:58 -0600
From:      "Kirk R. Wythers" <wythe001@tc.umn.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: running an x app remotely via ssh

-----Original Message-----
From: Kirk R. Wythers [mailto:wythe001@tc.umn.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 10:27 AM
To: 'Michael Sharp'; kwythers@umn.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Sharp [mailto:ms@probsd.org]
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 10:30 AM
To: kwythers@umn.edu

Is your sshd server running with " X11Forwarding yes "
Yes... I uncommented X11Forwarding and set it to YES...

# Kerberos TGT Passing only works with the AFS kaserver
#KerberosTgtPassing no

X11Forwarding yes
#X11DisplayOffset 10
#X11UseLocalhost yes
#PrintMotd yes

I also uncommented ForwardX11 and set it to yes...
# Site-wide defaults for various options

# Host *
#   ForwardAgent no
   ForwardX11 yes
#   RhostsAuthentication no
#   RhostsRSAAuthentication no
#   RSAAuthentication yes
#   PasswordAuthentication yes
and are you running
nix from home or using a win32 client such as putty/securecrt to connect
to the work unix machine?

I connecting from an wind32 client (putty)... and yes I enabled X
forwarding on the connection...

michael

GnuPG Key: http://probsd.org/michael.asc