Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 2019 00:33:14 +0900 (JST)
From:      Yasuhiro KIMURA <yasu@utahime.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing head

From: Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
Subject: Installing head
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 17:02:00 +0200

> Sorry for the stupid questions: I'm trying to install a HEAD system,
> in order to perform some tests.
>
> I tried starting from a 12.0 and building world, but I got some
> errors.
> Should I move to 12-STABLE before I try HEAD?

Maybe easiest way is to use snapshot.

https://www.freebsd.org/snapshots/

At the moment latest snapshot of 13-CURRENT is r353427. So if you only
want to use relatively recent 13-CURRENT, you only need to install
system by using snapshot installer.

If you want to use newer revison then you still need to checkout
source tree and build and install world and kernel. But you are less
likely to encounter problems than starting with 12.0-RELEASE

---
Yasuhiro KIMURA