Date:      Fri, 6 Aug 1999 23:26:08 -0400
From:      Mark Conway Wirt <mark@intrepid.net>
To:        Phillip Salzman <phill@cobia.gulf.net>, Chris Cook <ccook@tcworks.net>
Cc:        Martin <marrandy@tampabay.rr.com>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2 queries

On Fri, Aug 06, 1999 at 06:45:00PM -0500, Phillip Salzman wrote:
> > > 3)  (but you only said there was two ; )  Best/cheapest billing software ?
> >
> > We rigged something up in access... easy to do and very customizable.
>
> Our current billing system is in access, and its _very_ slow.  I recommend
> finding one that uses SQL or Oracle.  We use Internet Billing
> (www.coolworld.com), and newer versions of it work on different database
> types.

We're just finishing up our conversion from Peachtree (gag!) to Platypus,
which is ISP specific.  I've not been too involved with the conversion,
but Platypus backends to SQL server (we run in on a DEC Alpha), and
I'm told by the billing department that it screams.

            http://www.boardtown.com/board/plathome.htm

--Mark