Date:      Fri, 22 Feb 2002 01:34:38 +0000
From:      Thomas Hurst <tom.hurst@clara.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/35188: Update port: www/apache2

* Thomas Hurst (tom.hurst@clara.net) wrote:

>  > >Number:         35188
>  > >Category:       ports
>  > >Synopsis:       Update port: www/apache2
>
>  /usr/pkg/sbin/apachectl: /usr/pkg/bin/httpd: not found
>  /usr/pkg/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
>
>  httpd was installed in sbin along with apachectl; the .28 port did not
>  exhibit this behavior (although it did like to munch CPU :)

Even better, apxs looks for the config stuff in $prefix/build/*.mk,
along with some other things that seem to expect stuff directly in
$prefix (no details, sorry); can someone else verify if this port is
broken who hasn't applied the speed patch to bsd.port.mk, and preferably
has a modified prefix? :)

Apache13 + mod_php4 + mod_dav re(compil|install)ed fine, btw; at least
anecdotal evidence that bsd.port.mk is not to blame.

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst  -  freaky@aagh.net  -  http://www.aagh.net/
-