Date:      Wed, 4 Jun 2014 02:13:38 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Change for the worse in rsu wireless driver

> Yes, please apply by hand. I'll see if I can do some testing myself. I happen   to have one of these adapters too and the link is very unstable :-)
--HPS

Sometimes Hiro H50191 USB-stick wireless adapter works well in FreeBSD, sometimes, like now and the past few days, it's flaky.  It can't seem to download distfile for qt4-xml, on two occasions.

I also have Atheros AR9271 quasi-USB wireless adapter on this motherboard as well as Realtek 8111E (?) Ethernet that is recognized by FreeBSD but fails to connect (same as with OpenBSD and DragonFlyBSD, but good with NetBSD and Linux).

So I don't want to buy another wireless adapter (USB or PCIE?) until I find if the Hiro H50191 works better with Linux and OpenBSD.  Maybe the hardware is perfectly good and the software is soft.

All I have for OpenBSD is LiveUSB OpenBSD 5.4 from liveusb-openbsd.sourceforge.net , since OpenBSD can't read my hard drive at all, neither could DragonFlyBSD.

Tom