Date:      Fri, 03 Nov 2000 14:55:08 +0100
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, marcel@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.2-BETA's Linuxulator cannot run StarOffice 5.2

Martin Blapp wrote:

> There seems to be a DISPLAY problem. I'll bet that you were also unable to
> start a xterm, right ? Can you check and verify this again ?

That was the first thing I checked, of course :-) X apps start properly.
As I said in my previous message, everything works fine using the
linux.ko module from 4.1.1-RELEASE (on 4.2-BETA).

I forgot to mention that I am using XFree86 4.0.1, but I am quite
sure that XF86 is not the cause of the problem.

Have you tried to run StarOffice 5.2 with FreeBSD 4.2-BETA?

Cheers,
-- JMA
****** Jose M. Alcaide  //  jose@we.lc.ehu.es  //  jmas@FreeBSD.org ******
** "Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers" --  Leonard Brandwein **