Date:      Sun, 12 Nov 2006 22:26:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      John L <johnl@iecc.com>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with sr driver and Wanic 400

> What I found works is freebsd 4.x, and a Pentium 2 350-400Mhz
> this was using risecom n/2 cards.
>
> FreeBSD 6.1 doesen't work at any speed in this combo, it loses
> packets.

Phoo.  Does the pf or ipfw/altq stuff work on 4.x?  I'm currently runing
an ISA n/2 in an old BSD/OS box which works fine except that it can't do
priority queueing, and I have some voip phones that would benefit.

> With Cisco 1601's selling on the used market for $25 or so, there's
> little interest among the developers in fixing this.  Also the wanic 4xx
> is no longer in production, another disincentive.

Hmmn.  I think I have a Wanic 500 around that I bought on ebay.  Any
support for those?  Or should I just make my BSD box ether to ether and
sit a Cisco on top of it?

Tnx.

R's,
John