Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 1996 14:33:47 +0000
From:      Joel Healy <jsh@mentor.co.nz>
To:        amurai@spec.co.jp
Cc:        Firewalls@greatcircle.com
Subject:   Re: PPP

On Mar 28,  9:24pm, Atsushi Murai wrote:
> Subject: Re: PPP
> > looks allright and the man page for 'chat' doesn't seem suggest anything
> > different - i hope someone can point me in the right direction...
> >
> > 	set login "TIMEOUT 10 ogin:-\\n-ogin: MYUSERNAME ssword: MYPASSWORD"
>
> How about 'set login "ogin:-\\n-ogin: MYUSERNAME ssword: MYPASSWORD"' ?
> Because 'TIMEOUT 10' prase should be as parameter for ppp not
> for chating with your peer..right ?

my understanding of having the 'TIMEOUT 10' phrase in the 'set login' statement
was that the timeout gets changed to 10 seconds when it expects the 'ogin:'
prompt...i took it out any to test and it didn't work anyway.

i changed the statement so it sends a carriage return instead of a line feed
but again i end up hitting my head against a brick wall. (and it hurt ;-)

	set login "TIMEOUT 10 ogin:-\\r-ogin: MYUSERNAME assword: MYPASSWORD"

i getting the following in the ppp.log when i try to chat...

	Expecting ogin:\r-ogin:
	Wait for (10): ogin --> ogin:
	sending: MYUSERNAME
	Expecting assword:
	Wait for (10): assword: --> assword:
	got:
	can't get (10).

i take it that the 'got:' statement on the second to last line means that it
just got an empty line, i can't figure out why it isn't picking up the assword:
prompt - it seems to be picking up the :ogin prompt allright....

thanx again for any help...

--
Joel Healy
System & Network Control Officer