Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 1997 22:35:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Pritchard <mpp>
To:        toj@gorilla.net
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Strange fortune

Tom Jackson wrote:

> Here's a funny quirk. Running 3.0-current with last built kernel showing
> ctm#2718 and stuck in Lite2 hell like all other lurkers. My .login has the
> line 'fortune -a'. Recent logins have the fortune cut off to all but the
> last line. Manual 'fortune -a' and 'fortune' repeat the bug but strangely
> 'fortune -o' seems fine. Weird.

Must be some type of Lite2 problem.  I just tried a freshly compiled
fortune on thud (3.0-current a bit before the Lite2 merge) and it
works just fine.

Do the fortunes get cutoff if you run fortune by hand afer logging in,
and does your fortune contain my recent change to help it be a bit more
random?
--
Mike Pritchard
mpp@FreeBSD.org