Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 1998 17:10:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        alchemy@inconnect.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: e-mail w/dynamic IPs

On 26 Jan 1998 alchemy@inconnect.com wrote:
> The big problem I'm having is with only certain domains (FreeBSD.org is one of
> them).  Whenever I send e-mail to these domains, I always end up with a message
> from Mailer-Daemon saying that magus.inconnect.com must resolve.  Obviously,

This is technique that is being used by many sites (including freebsd.org :)
to limit spam.  A very large chunk of incoming spam is from unresolvable
hosts, and very little (to none) of such hosts are sending valid mail.

That's the why.

How to fix, in your sendmail.cf set DM to DMinconnect.com
and your mail will go out without the offending magus in the FROM:

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com