Date:      12 Feb 2003 18:50:01 +0100
From:      Jukka Simila <home@jukkis.net>
To:        Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Serial ATA

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 17:41, Jason Andresen wrote:
> Hello,
> 	Does anybody know if any Serial ATA cards are supported in FreeBSD?  In
> particular, is the 4 port Promise SATA150 TX4 supported?
>
> I don't see anything in the hardware list, but has anybody had any luck
> with these cards?
>
> My thought on this matter was to avoid the PCI interrupt issues by just
> using one of those somewhat inexpensive Serial ATA cards with 4+ ports
> and Serial->Parallel ATA converters on the HDDs (which aren't as
> inexpensive as I'd like but still within reason).  Apparently nobody
> makes an affordable 4 port Parallel ATA controller, they're all pricy
> RAID solutions.

Dont know about SATA150, but:
If Promise SX6000 is out of question, then what about Highpoint
RocketRaid 404? That has HPT374 chip, and at least hardware notes say
HPT374 works.

In sweden, RocketRaid 404 =~ EUR 130, Promise SATA 150 =~ EUR 95.
I'm sure the cost of 4 adapters would fill that gap?

(i didn't check the exact exchange rates at the moment but you see the
approximate..)