Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 2003 19:56:11 -0000
From:      "Ed Anisko" <ed_anisko@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   TCP IP fails after n minutes

I am using 4.8 and qmail for a high volume smtp relay on three identical =
1u servers.  Sis MB, pIII 833, on board nics, ide, shared memory for =
viedo set at 2mb.  Nice boxes. Call them mail1, mail2 and mail3... Each =
have their own networking issues that I could use a hand with.

email1: - Dead
It worked fine for a day, now after a reboot i get the following error:
sis0: PHY failed to come ready.
the computer hangs indefinately and needs the power cut to come back up, =
at which point it repeats the same problem.

email2: - It works for a while
It works for about 30 mins until it seems to 'drop off the internet'  By =
this i mean... it receives and sends mail at its ip for 30 mins and =
then.... It can ping itself but it can't ping its gateway router. and no =
other computer can ping it.  But it doesn't crash.  I have been =
rebooting every 1/2 hour, hardly the best solution. (hey im new)  And i =
would really appreciate any input that would sever this computer =
attatchment disorder.

email3: - It works!
Hey buddy! No one is as suprised as me.

Any information would be appreciated.