Date:      Thu, 1 Sep 2011 13:42:49 -0400
From:      Dave Cundiff <syshackmin@gmail.com>
To:        Mark Felder <feld@feld.me>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS V28 on 8.2-RELEASE write behavior

>> Any help tracking this down would be greatly appreciated.
>>

> There have been numerous changes to v28 in -STABLE since June.
> Can you reproduce the behavior with a recent build of -STABLE instead of
> -RELEASE? Perhaps even on -CURRENT?

I can sure give that a try.

I'm 95% sure my ZFS code is pretty up to date compared to stable. I
dug through svn-src-stable-8 for anything ZFS related and only caught
1 patch that, though severe, is not a feature I'm currently using. The
rest are either minor functionality that I don't use, memory saving of
which I have tons, or cosmetic.  Granted any patches to the OS that
didn't involve a directory/file with ZFS or CDDL in it I would
definitely have missed.

--
Dave Cundiff
System Administrator