Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 18:22:51 -0500
From:      "Steve Friedrich" <SteveFriedrich@Hot-Shot.com>
To:        "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>, "Questions FreeBSD" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: which CD-R to get

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998 15:32:04 -0600 (CST), Paul T. Root wrote:

>Well,
>	My Yamaha CDR400tx has died. I hear something that
>sounds like a bearing and nothing will mount. So, the boss
>says, it's not worth fixing, buy a new one.
>
>	Since, I never got it working with FreeBSD, I thought
>I'd ask: What does work? Fastest, coolest, newest, whatever.
>Do I want RW? Jordan's picks look a little old in this regard.

RW media is STILL too damn expensive and WAY too much trouble.  You
have to erase the whole stinking thing and start over.  I'd only buy a
SCSI interfaced unit though. When we throw these AT-clones out in a
couple years, you don't want to throw away all your drives!!
Unix systems measure "uptime" in years, Winblows measures it in minutes.