Date:      31 Oct 2002 07:28:20 -0500
From:      "Alex(ander Sendzimir)" <lists@battleface.com>
To:        FreeBSD "Questions (mailing  " "list)" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: make (build options)

Lute,

You will want to invoke the following:

  make -DWITH_PSPELL install

I apologize, but I don't know where this is/might be documented.
However, it's a pretty general rule that you can go into any ports
directory and look through the Makefile. Scan for "if defined" or "if
!defined", etc. In the sylpheed-claw port Makefile, there is a menu of
options that are shown when compilation begins.

NOTE: In some ports you will want to set variables, such as

  make WITH_GIMP=yes install

Which is not the same thing as defining a variable (in case you don't
already know this).

Good luck,

Alex