Date:      Fri, 19 Feb 1999 09:30:36 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jonathan Fosburgh <jef53313@Bayou.UH.EDU>
To:        Robert Beer <r-beer@onu.edu>
Cc:        "Dan Mahoney Jr." <danm@DanMahoney.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ^C = suspend?

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Robert Beer wrote:

> At 1:28 AM -0500 2/19/1999, Dan Mahoney Jr. wrote:
> >Hey, I'm telnetting to my freeBSD box (locally) via the mac NCSA telnet,
> >and I noticed that in lynx, ctrl-c suspends (rather than exits) the app.
> >THis is funny because normally lynx quits if you look at it the wrong way.
> >
> >Anyway, this appears not to happen on console logins, does anyone have any
> >idea why this is and/or how to fix it?
>
> You might want to try BetterTelnet:
You want to look at some of the settings.  Under the session menu there is
an item called setup keys or something like that.  Go in there and change
the configuration for your keys to whatever you like.  A word of warning
though.  Some applications (like pine) freeze if you set ^C as interrupt
in NCSA Telnet and try to use the built in function of ^C.  I would
usually set some command you never use as interrupt and suspend in telnet
so you can have access to that key's function in the application you
actually want to use.

Jonathan Fosburgh
Geotechnician
Snyder Oil Corporation