Date:      Wed, 2 Apr 1997 00:47:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Disk Formatting Docs Now Available

Hello!

The long-awaited instructions on how to format new hard disks for use with
FreeBSD have finally emerged!!

My current draft, in html format, can be found at:

http://resnet.uoregon.edu/dwhite/makedisk.html

docbook source is at:

http://resnet.uoregon.edu/dwhite/makedisk.docb

It's organized as a tutorial, but I've realized that there is a place
for it under Section 10.5(.8?) of the Handbook.  I don't know if docbook
will fit in there yet though.

Please feel free to send me comments.  Later, I'll add instructions for
zip drives.  I need to swipe resnet's again and blow away a disk a few
times.

After an initial comment period, I will submit this to the Doc Project.

More to come...