Date:      Sun, 10 May 2009 20:28:48 +0100
From:      Sevan / Venture37 <venture37@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   rum(4) not working on 8-CURRENT

Hi
I've installed a fresh copy of 8-CURRENT 05/09 AMD64 snapshot on my
laptop which has a ralink pci express mini card, the device is detected
by the kernel correctly & the rum driver attaches however the card
doesn't work, ifconfig rum0 scan or list scan results in:
ifconfig: unable to get scan results.
I've only just signed up to this list but I've had a brief look through
the archive for the last month or so & I see that rwatson@ posted about
drivers which are flagged with IFF_NEEDSGIANT are to be removed & rum(4)
is one of them, looking at repository it looks like a new rum driver was
put into place 8 days ago,
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/usb/wlan/if_rum.c

Sevan / Venture37