Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 2002 08:44:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ion Amigdalou <axaios@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IPSEC ping from other side

Dear freebsd experts,
I have set up a VPN with racoon/ipsec on Freebsd 4.7
using tunneling with ESP transport. By using the
setkey -D command, on my side the peer seems connected
while on the other direction no connection has been
established.
Pinging the other side is not possible from my point.
If the other peer (currently a CISCO 3662 ROUTER)
pings my ip then the VPN connection is instantly
established and the whole VPN is up-and-running giving
me the ability now to ping the other peer.

How can I avoid waiting for a human on the other size
to ping me and have the vpn successfully connect
without human intervention?

Best Regards,
Ion