Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 1996 10:58:37 +0200
From:      Lars Koeller <Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de>
To:        kelly@fsl.noaa.gov, freebsd-hardware@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de
Subject:   Re: Problems connection a terminal!!

   Hi!

>     Lars>       so everything seems to be o.k.  but I never get a
>     Lars> character on the terminal only if I switch on local echo.
>
> Are you sure the cable is working ... have you tried some continuity
> tests on the pins?  Are the brightness and contrast controls on the
> terminal turned all the way up?

      Yes, sure,  cause I  can see all  the  configuration settings on  the
   screen.  :-)) But I will do some changes on  the cable perhaps a version
   with only 1,2,3 and 7 connected will give some better results.

> You might want to check /etc/rc.serial as well too and be certain no
> strange lock-state or initial-state flags are set for ttyd2.

       Nothing is done  in rc.serial. I  typed in the default commands, but
   nothing changed.

> I'd also recommend you see my chapter on Hardwired Terminals in the
> FreeBSD handbook, but it still hasn't been checked in!  :-(

       Perhaps  you  can  mail   me  the  section.  I've    also  read  the
   current-handbook chapter, but no further idea.

   Thanks and ciao

   Lars
Lars Köller                  Phone:  +49 381/498-1665, Fax: -1667
University of Rostock        E-Mail:
Department of Physics          Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.Uni-Rostock.DE
Universitätsplatz 3          Anonymous ftp:
D-18051 Rostock (Germany)      ftp://odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de/pub