Date:      Sat, 5 Dec 2009 14:28:59 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        krad <kraduk@googlemail.com>
Subject:   Re: which filrs/directories must be chowned bind?

On Sat, Dec 05, 2009 at 10:09:24PM +0000, krad wrote:
> 2009/12/5 Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
>

> >        I've just finished getting
> >
> >        % nslookup 10.47.0.230
> >
> >        to respond, so at least my test configuration is finally right
> >        ... or on the right track.  I am not certain that I ever had
> >        things chowned bind:bind; even before my '07 meltdown.  Now
> >        it's time to make certain that every file that should be owned
> >        by bind really *is*.
> >
> >        Anybody?
> >

> Have a look at /etc/mtree/BIND.chroot.dist
> also dont use nslookup use host or dig. NSlookup is dodgy

	Re nslookup, it is still widely enough used that it ain't dead
	yet.  But, yeah, I just found a tutorial-like page on dig.
	It's helpful for a utility that isn't that friendly.

	thanks for the mtree tip.

--
 Gary Kline  kline@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
    The 7.31a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php