Date:      Fri, 30 Jul 1999 13:18:29 -0400
From:      clark@pharlap.com (Clark Jarvis)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IT Financing

In <37A1D670.F3911FDC@FirstAmericanLending.com>, on 07/30/99
   at 09:44 AM, "Scott M. Schang" <SMS@FirstAmericanLending.com> said:

>Do you offer financing to your customers?  I visited your site today and
>thought you might be interested in this service.  We provide financing
>for Computer  Hardware, Software, LAN, WAN, Intranet and Internet
>projects.  If this email arrives unwanted, please, accept my apology -
>Scott

Which part of "Free" didn't he understand<g>...

"Yes, Scott, I'd like to finance about, oh, $70 over three years." ...
"Yes, that's $40 for the software and $30 for the book.  What would my
monthly payment be, please?" ...
"Oh, you can't finance a book?  How about if we call it a manual?" ...
"Ok, Scott, now please try to stay calm.  Scott, we're all trying to help
each other here." ...
"Yes, yes, I _know_ you're just trying to make a living, but that's not
the point right now, is it?  Is it, Scott?" ...
"Scott, please don't use that language with me.  How do you think I feel,
with this happening?" ...
[pause]
"Well, Scott, how about just financing the $40?"

Sorry, folks.  Just saw Dr Strangeglove again the other day...

--
Clark