Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 2003 22:35:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      Wesley Morgan <morganw@chemikals.org>
To:        Mike Barcroft <mike@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>, "" <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: State of the Union Report (backout request department)

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Mike Barcroft wrote:

> The archives might not be telling the whole story.  A lot of times
> these things get handled behind closed doors, whether private e-mail
> or developer-only lists.  Thankfully though, most conflicts *do* get
> resolved. :)

I have always LOVED watching the commits and backouts. I find it much more
exciting to watch the actual development commit by commit, watch the
brainiacs audit each other, and resolve to the best course. It seems much
better than the way Linux traditionally did it (although they seem to have
moved to bitkeeper) and much more like a professional development team.