Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 2000 14:12:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@pike.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        Patrick Seal <patseal@hyperhost.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: aue0: usb error on rc/intr

> Linksys
> Etherfast 10/100 USB Network Adapter
> USB100TX
> Ver. 3.0
>
> On my 4.0-STABLE Iopener when I either remove the usb device or shutdown
> with it installed, I get repeated (forever) on my console:
> aue0: usb error on intr: IOERROR
> aue0: usb error on rx: IOERROR

Well, before you remove an interface you should use ifconfig to
mark it as down, e.g. 'ifconfig aue0 down'.   However, it shouldn't
be saying this during a normal shutdown.  I assume that by shutdown
you mean using 'shutdown -h now' to halt the machine or something
similar?

John Baldwin
<jhb@bsdi.com>