Date:      Mon, 21 Mar 2011 17:38:51 -0400
From:      "illoai@gmail.com" <illoai@gmail.com>
To:        aaron van caster <darkstar99999@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Minimum system requirements

On 20 March 2011 03:52, aaron van caster <darkstar99999@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just would like to know what are the minimum system/hardware requirements to
> run 8.2 OS and do to have a simple video showing installation?

The absolute minimum to run sysinstall is something
like 24MB on an 80486.  I believe that once installed
you can run with 16MB.

80386 support was taken out of GENERIC some time
ago (6.x, maybe?).  I don't know if those chips are
supported at all, any more.

Hard drive space is MUCH larger in a default install
than 4,5,&6.x, but if you are creative you can get
a whole system on a 350MB HDD.  The embedded
guys would have a lot better notion than I do.

As a beginner, you should really consider 4GB to
be a practical minimum.

I don't know what to think of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=perc0_7n52I
I usually try to save my dancing until /after/ the install.