Date:      Thu, 23 May 2002 21:22:40 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Joshua Lokken <joshualokken@attbi.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Port failures

--huq684BweRXVnRxX

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 09:16:00PM -0700, Joshua Lokken wrote:
> Hello
>=20
> I'm running 4.5 release with kde2.  I installed in this order:
>=20
> OS
> X4.2.0	 (binaries)
> kde2  (package)
> kdenetwork  (package)
>=20
> that's about it.  I've tried installing xmms, kdemultimedia, and others=
=20
> from the ports collection, and several have failed to build.  How much of=
=20
> a problem is to use a snapshot source with freshly cvsupped ports?

It can be a problem if you're using an older FreeBSD version.  All of
those listed ports are currently compiling cleanly on 4.6-PRERELEASE.
You might like to use the precompiled packages if you're still having
problems.  Since you didn't post the build errors it's hard to
diagnose why you're seeing problems though.

Kris

--huq684BweRXVnRxX

--huq684BweRXVnRxX--